Tableau is one of the best data visualization tools in the market and is also the fastest growing tool, both in terms of revenue and new customers.
“Visualizations acts as a campfire around which we gather to tell stories”
Tableau helps people visualize, analyse and understand data. This information can also be shared easily and quickly using attractive interactive dashboards, story boards and by building charts, graphs, interactive maps etc. The graphics can be created using its easy to use drag-and-drop interface.
Organizations use Tableau to boost their sales figures, streamline their operations with visual aid, improve customer service, assess quality and safety through representational charts, treat diseases efficiently by knowing the incidence of epidemics and breakouts, improve educational learning through visual aids and so on. Tableau is used by Fortune 500 corporations, small and medium-sized enterprises and businesses, government agencies, universities and non-profit organizations worldwide.
Tableau can connect easily to almost any kind of data source, whether it is corporate Data Warehouse, web-based data or desktop applications like Microsoft Excel. It focuses on data and helps managers to make faster decisions through useful insights garnered through the data, leading to quick strategic actions on the management level and better reporting.
Salient Tableau Functionalities
- Tableau Desktop – for everyone who wants to drag and drop data to analyse it;
- Tableau Server – for organisations who want to combine all data into interactive dashboards;
- Tableau Public – for public websites who want to tell stories with visualized data;
Tableau can also be used in social media platforms to perform the following analysis.
Tableau’s capability of using in-memory technology for computing enabling reduced data transactions for analyzing data by first storing the entire database in the RAM for quick processing.
This allows more real-time analysis and reduced complexity of the physical space requirement. In this regard, the BI and Analytics market in US is increasing at a rapid pace.
- Tableau has enormous competitive advantage because of its ability to adapt to market needs and conditions quickly by means of logical, uncluttered results leading to reduced development time and thereby using actionable data for faster analysis and transactions.
- Unnecessary complications are also eliminated since more focus is placed on finding value in available data with the help of drag and drop feature.
- Tableau has a user-friendly interface which processes data from various sources with unparalleled logical flow supported by its lightning fast data engine.
- Tableau has the ability to perform Big Data analysis by processing gigantic quantities of data effortlessly.
Current Trends of Tableau in Industries
- Data discovery and self-service business intelligence has become mainstream
- Big data adoption has accelerated and grown beyond pilots to strategic analytic assets.
- Predictive analytics has taken centre-stage in the analytics world.
- Vendors have picked up pace of development with unprecedented, rapid releases.
- More companies are embracing open source applications.
Future Trends of Tableau in Industries
- Machine learning and cognitive computing – Increasing the roles in businesses.
- Embedded analytics, prescriptive analytics, real time analytic and automated decision making
- Storytelling – Interpreting data in context of business and pitching in views on topics and solutions.
- Internet of Things – Analytics of things to generate data for strategic use.
- Mobile analytics – Reviving interest in mobile-ready analytical applications.
- Security and data privacy – Technology revamped and kept updated and secured at all times.
- Social media – capturing live trends and analysing data for evaluating market investment performance.
- Cloud and hybrid solutions finally gained market momentum – enthralling easy button, low maintenance charges, very small cost, and providing peace of mind solutions.
Advantages of the new Tableau in Analytics Market
- A complete redesign of Online Tableau will enable users to deliver faster, resilient, scalable solutions with the extensible platform. New capabilities including parallel queries searches, query fusion exploration, vectorization, and smarter query caches has made Tableau 10 times faster.
- Many features have been introduced enabling users to get connected directly to standard databases like MySQL, SQL Server and Postgres, and to cloud-hosted platforms such as Windows Azure and Amazon RDS with multiple data connections.
- Tableau Online Sync will allow organizations transitioning their data to the cloud or for anyone with data stored behind the firewall, to keep cloud analytics up-to-date
- Increased security is provided with single sign-on (SSO) support via SAML2.0, allowing Active Directory synchronization and embedding through identity providers in the corporate sector.
Representation of Tableau with MongoDB
Tableau, which earlier worked only on structured data, can now collaborate with MongoDB to fetch non-structured data and semi-structured data with the help of complex queries. Also the new version of Tableau 9.0 supports connections with MongoDB.
eInfochips has been part of several proven success stories with Tableau including Geospatial Analytics, Sentinel Analysis. We provide In-house certified tableau consultants with expertise across Data life Cycle, Load Balancing and Reduction in Development lifecycle. We commit ourselves to explore and bring the best in the industry.