Fleet Management companies are constantly looking for solutions to optimize their fleet operations and productivity. To remotely track, monitor, and control the movement of fleets, a Cloud based Video Management Software (VMS), with video analytics, holds the key for fleet companies. In this blog, we will discuss the features of Cloud based VMS solutions, which can assist in in improving the operational efficiency of the fleet companies.
Today, Video Management systems are an integral element of any fleet management company. With ever-increasing lawsuits, accidents, thefts, and frauds, fleet companies are constantly in lookout for an integrated video management solution to counter those challenges and to reduce the monetary losses. It enables the regular and traditional fleet company to quickly transition to a smart transit company.
The advent of cloud based Video Management Software (VMS) and its feasibility to connect to other IoT systems revolutionized the business models of many fleet management companies. The nexus of VMS and IoT enables greater visibility, connectivity and control over the entire fleet. This equation introduces a new challenge in utilizing, managing, and deriving insights of the big data generated, due to the increase of video feeds and the no. of connected devices in the vehicle. A cost-effective, modular, and scalable VMS solution, with Video analytics capability, is the need of the hour for many fleet companies. In my previous blog, I had discussed about the different types of VMS solution and its scalability choices based on the need of the organization.
In this blog, we will discuss the advantages of cloud based video surveillance in fleet transportation, and how cloud based VMS can assist in improving the operational efficiency of the fleet. Here we go:
- Remote Access: Whether fleet management companies are managing a fleet of 20 or 200 vehicles, they want to have complete flexibility in accessing the vehicular devices and tracking the vehicles. Cloud based video management system for fleet provides anywhere and anytime access to the vehicles. Fleet managers can stream the recorded live videos, remotely.
- Manage Big Data: Recording, storing, managing, and real-time viewing of the videos pose a major challenge for the companies, due the huge volumes of data flow. Cloud based video management software, with support of NVRs, helps in storing and utilizing the big data on cloud. Event based video analytics and recording helps in optimizing the content flow across the channels.
- Auto-configure Camera & Devices: Fleet Management Companies would require flexibility in adding and removing the cameras and other connected devices in the vehicles. A Cloud based VMS systems makes it possible to auto configure and upgrade the cameras and connected devices remotely.
- 360O Vehicle Surveillance: For fleet management, approx. 8 cameras are required to capture the vehicle from all the directions, both inside and outside. A cloud based VMS allows to capture constant video, event based video and still images covering all the sides of the vehicle.
- HD Quality Videos/Images: Quality of video matters a lot in Vehicular surveillance. Captured video can be used for evidences in lawsuits, analyzing condition of the vehicle, consignment and driver condition, at the time of accident. Therefore, a full HD quality video is essential. It is very difficult to shoot videos or capture images in a moving vehicle with changing views and lighting conditions. Therefore, with increasing camera technology, the market is demanding for 4K IP-cameras that can produce ultra-high definition videos, in & out of the vehicle.
- Enhanced Video Analytics: The video surveillance area in the case of moving vehicles keeps changing constantly. Hence, the requirements of video analytics in fleet transportation tend to be very complex from its static use cases. Features like, intrusion & theft detection, perimeter protection, incident capture, face recognition, number plate detection, vehicle counting, vehicle-to-vehicle communication, etc. play an important role in in-vehicle surveillance.
- Check on unlawful activities: Video surveillance is a powerful tool to check suspicious activities and sending alerts during emergencies. With cloud video surveillance, fleet managers can check behavioral activities of the driver while driving. They will be able track real-time on rash driving behavior, traffic rule violations, un-authorized vehicle usage, improper navigation etc.
- Sync with Connected Devices: Cloud based VMS provides complete control over the vehicular devices by allowing all the connected devices to work in coordination with the IP cameras. The visuals from the cameras can be viewed on any PC/tablet and Smartphone using a web based or mobile-based application. It projects live visuals, using widgets to control the connected devices. The on-screen widgets like accelerometer, door sensors, emergency alarms, GPS device, ignition system, fuel gauge etc. with the live video streaming provides great control over the vehicle.
eInfochips helps the fleet management companies with an affordable and efficient cloud based VMS solution for fleet transportation. A VMS solution, supported by full suite of Video analytics, is useful for small and large fleets in commercial and Government projects. These affordable and efficient VMS include a micro services based architecture, giving complete flexibility and customization. With multitenancy, federated, and cloud-based architecture, the cloud based VMS solution allows scalability to adapt to any no. of cameras, devices, servers and vehicles. Check here to know when to opt for a cloud based VMS.